As animal lovers, we really understand the need to learn everything that you can about your pet, whether you are curious about basic animal care or you just found out your pet is ill. Maybe you got a diagnosis and you want to learn as much as you can about it. There are times when you may want to do some research before taking your pet to the veterinarian.
It is important to learn as much as you can about your pet’s diagnosis so you can take proper care of him or her. You might want to look into alternative ways to treat the disease or you might just want to learn more so you know how to care for your pet properly. If you receive really bad news, you might just want to know what to expect as the disease progresses.
Here at King Hopkins Pet Hospital, we want you to realize that, though you can learn quite a bit from the internet, you have to be extremely careful about where you find your information. There is plenty of information that is simply wrong, so we want to make sure that you find accurate information, especially if you are going to be making some big decisions based on this information.
For this reason, we compiled a list of reliable sources to help you with your research.
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- American Heartworm Society
- Argus Institute
- Companion Animal Parasite Council
- Cornell Feline Health Center
- Healthy Cats For Life
- Indoor Cat Initiative
- Ontario Veterinary College
- Ontario Veterinary Medical Association
- Partners in Animal Health
- The CATalyst Council
- Toronto Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital
- Veterinary Emergency Clinic of Toronto
- Veterinary Partner
Don’t hesitate to call us at (905) 665-6369, if you have any questions. We are here to help both you and your pet!